Monday, August 23, 2010

The Skeptic's Prayer


Taken from “The Handbook of Christian Apologetics” by Peter Kreeft and Ronald Tacelli:



Skeptic's Prayer

God, I don’t know whether you even exist.
I’m a skeptic.
I doubt.
I think you may be only a myth.
But I’m not certain (at least not when I’m completely honest with myself).
So if you do exist, and if you really did promise to reward all seekers, you must be hearing me now.
So I hereby declare myself a seeker, a seeker of the truth, whatever it is and wherever it is.
I want to know the truth and live the truth.
If you are the truth, please help me.



My friends, if you have doubt in your hearts, then I hope you’d give this prayer a chance. The Bible tells us that God reveals Himself to those who sincerely seek Him. After all, it’s difficult to find something (or in this case, Somebody) if you're not really looking.

“When you search wholeheartedly for Me, I shall let you find Me” (Jeremiah 29:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment